S2S Functional Performance® and COVID-19
The team at S2S Functional Performance® holds the health of all our clients and patients as well as the community at large in the highest regard. We also recognize and uphold our responsibility to provide the most current, evidence-based, comprehensive care to all of you entrusting your lives to us!
We are continuing to follow and put into practice the recommendations by the American Physical Therapy Association, the Texas Board of Physical Therapy Examiners, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, State and Federal regulations, and the World Health Organization as they pertain to our area of service and practice. “Given the dynamic nature of the pandemic, considerations may change over time and vary by practice type and setting. “
This paper describes current policies that S2S Functional Performance® is implementing related to COVID-19. Based on our services and the nature of our business, we are not providing any service to any individual known to have an active case of COVID-19. This defines our facility as a low risk environment, only servicing non COVID-19 care needs.
Screen for Services:
Upon scheduling or entering the facility, all people including both patients, clients, and staff will be asked the CDC recommended COVID-19 self-check questions. We support the idea that individuals should take a personal responsibility to not only protect themselves but others from any infectious disease. Please stay home if you have been exposed, feel sick or live with a member of your household who is sick.
FACE COVERING REQUIRED IN ORDER TO ENTER AND REMAIN ON PREMISES. All persons over the age of ten (10), including employees, customers, patients, visitors, invitees and contractors (“Patrons”), who enter this business must wear a face covering over their nose and mouth, such as a homemade mask, scarf, bandana, or handkerchief.
- The requirement of a face covering does not apply if covering the nose and mouth poses a significant mental or physical health risk to the individual.
- The requirement of a face covering also does not apply when an individual is consuming a food or beverage or receiving a service where the wearing of a mask would impair the performance of the service.
S2S Functional Performance® team members wear face coverings as suggested by the CDC.
SOCIAL DISTANCING PROTOCOLS. Even with the use of appropriate face coverings, individuals should maintain six feet of social distancing whenever possible.
- Employees should not work within six (6) feet of one another, except to the extent necessary to provide services.
- Patrons should maintain six (6) feet of separation from other individuals outside their household, to the extent feasible when inside the business premises.
• Patrons of the business queuing or waiting inside or on the premises of the business must maintain six (6) feet of separation from other individuals outside their household
The S2S Staff are screened daily for COVID symptoms and do not come to work if they are sick.
In accordance with all infection control and environmental health safety standards compliance regulations, the S2S Staff understand the personal responsibility they hold to be knowledgeable on all symptoms of COVID -19. If symptomatic, they should be tested and quarantined.
The team at S2S including all providers, instructors, technicians, patient care coordinators, students, and managers meet regularly to put in place facility administrative and engineering controls to facilitate social distancing.
We have staggered our appointment start times as well as our group fitness start times to allow for less people to enter and exit at one time. This enables everyone a better opportunity for proper social distancing. If arriving for the first time as a new client or patient, please note that we have spaced our lobby chairs for your safety. Additionally, feel free to give us a call from your car to let us know you have arrived. We will get you safely to a patient room as quickly as possible.
S2S Physical Therapy is maintaining low patient volumes at any given time by:
1. spacing our patient appointment times
2. staggering our therapist working hours
3. extending our service hours.
S2S Fitness has reduced the number of classes offered as well as reduced the number of participants per class to control facility capacity.
Visitors are discouraged in treatment areas, but if they are necessary for an aspect of patient care, they will be pre-screened in the same way as patients.
Environmental Infection Control:
S2S has an established plan for thorough cleaning and disinfection prior to using spaces or facilities for staff, patients, and clients. For your extra protection we have the following available for you:
1. Reformer handles for purchase.
2. Socks for purchase.
3. Plenty of alcohol-based hand rub in multiple locations.
What You can Do:
1. Please stay home if you have been exposed or are at high risk.
2. Self-monitor your symptoms of illness.
3. Wear a face covering and sanitize/wash your hands regularly.
4. Please bring your own towel.
5. Please bring your own water bottle.
Telehealth/Virtual Fitness Sessions
S2S Physical Therapy offers telehealth services for your convenience. Offered by a Doctor of Physical Therapy in a HIPAA protected portal, virtual physical therapy provides the same personalized care from wherever you are.
S2S Fitness provides weekly LIVE stream classes as well as On Demand classes through our VIMEO powered library.
It is our honor and privilege to serve you, thank you for entrusting your movement needs to S2S Functional Performance®! Please contact us today to begin your journey to better movement.